A TF2 update is out. Here are the changes:
Source Engine Changes
- Fixed server CPU spikes caused by compression of string tables and packets.
- Added sv_netspike, sv_netspike_sendtime_ms, and sv_netspike_output convars for investigating server performance
- net_compresspackets_minsize default value increased to 1024. This convar now also determines the threshold to determine when a "fragment" (logical game network message, before being broken up into network packets) is compressed.
- Added vprof_vtrace and vprof_report_oninterval convars, and tweaked vprof_dump_spikes and vprof_dump_oninterval to reduce output
Team Fortress 2
- Added the Robotic Boogaloo community update: http://www.teamfortress.com/roboticboogaloo/
- Fixed a chat exploit that would cause other clients to timeout from dedicated servers
- Updated the Mann Co. Store
- Added RoboCrate Keys
- Added A Random RoboKey Gift
- Added Pile of RoboKey Gifts
- Backpack Expanders on sale at 80% off
- Updated the localization files
Here's another fun TF2 update
- Added UGC Highlander Season 9 and UGC 6vs6 Season 11 medals
- Fixed the Botkiller Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Spy Knife weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms
- Fixed a bug that allowed level 3 mini-sentries in Mann Vs. Machine mode
- Fixed a problem where underwater explosions would cause graphics corruption
- Fixed an issue with HDR rendering where auto-exposure would vary incorrectly in some areas
- Fixed an issue where objects underwater would not render properly
- Fixed incorrect ellipsizing of text in some cases for the Mac version
- Updated the Phlogistinator to reduce the rate for gaining MMMPH when attacking tanks and robots in Mann Vs. Machine mode
- Updated the Tuxxy tuxedo so it can be crafted
- Updated The Wilson Weave and The Ham Shank so they can be crafted, traded and gift-wrapped
- Updated the console so it can be accessed from the terminal that was used to run the game for the Linux and Mac versions
- Updated the Linux version
- Fixed triggers never registering as "released" on certain game controllers
- Fixed clipboard issues on some window managers, most notably KDE
- Fixed a bug where the map list would be reversed
- Made loading custom fonts for third party HUDs work on certain fonts
Update: All of our servers are now up to date!
As you guys and gals may or may not know, TF2 is being converted over to a new efficient content system today that will improve loading times and reduce memory usage.
With this, we'll be converting over our servers to make use of this content system as well, so expect a brief period of TF2 server downtime while we make this transition within the next hour or so.
Additionally, after the update you may experience some issues with "error" models in our servers. Don't sweat! We'll get this hammered out and will be running smoothly later today.
: Our forums are back up. See this post
for more details about what this downtime affected.
: We've restored almost all services now. Any issues downloading maps should be resolved within the next 30 minutes. Unfortunately the forums will continue to be down for a while, as well as our MVM server, as they were both lost in the harddrive failure. However, we do have backups of our forums database so no posts or threads will be lost.
: We're still working on getting everything back up. Our main site is back online, however the forums will be unavailable while we restore some backups.
Hey all, just wanted to announce that we'll be having some downtime on our website.
Our web server has suffered a harddrive crash and we're working on getting all that fixed up.
We don't have an ETA, but hopefully we'll be up and running Soon™.
A TF2 update is out! Here are the changes:
Team Fortress 2
- Added "Only allow map files" to the possible selections in the download filter option for clients
- Fixed a client crash related to the material system
- Fixed Diamond/Carbonado Botkiller weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms
- Fixed a vphysics regression where some items would travel farther than they should
- Improved performance and stability for the Linux version
- Removed range restrictions from viewmodel_fov_demo
- Updated the Ap-Sap so it can be gift-wrapped and have custom names/descriptions applied to it